Pages

Jan 8, 2016

Newborn Essentials


I've been learning how to be a mom to a newborn all over again. The past two weeks have been full of so many foggy, sleepless and snuggly moments. Im trying to soak all of them up, as I know they don't last forever. And although I'm trying to take mental snapshots of these tiny moments, there are a few things that make life so much easier when you have a newborn.

Swaddle blankets: Modern Burlap has some of my favorite swaddle blankets. They are a must for nighttime sleep. They help baby feel snug and safe, just like in the womb. You can also use them as car seat covers or nursing covers, too. 

Boob Ease Nipple Cream: When nursing my first son, I had no pain. I thought people were crazy when they complained about how sore and beat up their nipples were. This time around, my nipples are so tender and sensitive. Boob Ease helps make nursing tolerable. Plus, it's organic, which is a major plus.

Milk Snob nursing, car seat, and shopping cart cover: This 3-in-1 cover is so amazing! I'm pretty modest when it come to nursing in public, but am really trying to nurse as long as I can this time around. To make myself feel more comfortable about nursing in public, I've been using this wonderful cover. It provides full coverage, so there will never be a nip slip 😊. I also use it as a car seat cover to keep light, rain and germs out. 

Desitin: Best diaper cream, hands down. I've used a few different diaper creams that claim to be more natural or effective, but they just don't get rid of the red rash that Hudson's been getting. He is a pooping machine, and sometimes I can't keep up with him. It leads to some sad little rashes. After applying Desitin, by the next diaper change, the rash is gone. Awesome stuff, Dears!

Probiotic Colic Drops: When Hudson was about a week old, he starting getting super bad gas. He would grunt and cry all day long. I brought it up to my pediatrician, and he recommended I look into probiotic drops. He said he used to recommend gripe water, but he now prefers the drops, because there are more studies out there proving that they are effective. I've seen a noticeable difference since starting them. He can pass gas easier and instead of lots of little poops, he's having fewer bigger ones. It's no fun having a fussy baby all day. If your baby is acting colicky and fussy, try these out. So far, they have been great for us!

Nuk Pacifiers: I have tried seriously every pacifier on the market. I even got a wubbanub paci as a baby shower gift, which I was so excited about trying. Hudson was not having it. He's been so fussy, I knew if he'd take the paci, it would help soothe him. So, I went back to my rusty trusty Nuk. My first son, Preston, loved the Nuk. They literally saved us during the endless colicky, sleep training, teething days/nights. 

I hope these items help you as much as they've helped us. Have a great weekend, Dears!!

No comments :

Post a Comment